The Dark Mode on iPhone is the many features that people prefer to make it easier to access screen in low-light conditions. It is now seen almost everywhere, including the Android, iPhone, and iPad. Apple brings in this coveted feature with the latest iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 software updates. Firstly, it looks great on the iOS device and packs in numerous features. Interestingly! The iOS 13 works automatically with all the apps and websites. So, how does the Dark Mode on iPhone work? How can you use it effectively? First things, first! You can manually enable and disable the Dark Mode. Also, you can set it automatically go on and off. Moreover, Dark Mode can be used with both built-in apps as well as third-party apps. Here’s a look at different methods to enable Dark Mode on an iPhone.
Before going ahead into how to enable Dark Mode, let us take a quick look at why dark mode is so essential on a smartphone? The answer is pretty simple! It is lighter on eyes, especially in low-light conditions. Keeping it enabled can save battery and is pleasant from the regular iOS vibrant light theme. Apple made all the apps adapt to the dark theme, thus balancing overall aesthetics. However, the fact is that not all the iPhone models can have the iOS 13 update and get the dark mode. Only the models after the iPhone 6S, including the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, are eligible for the upgrade. Now, let us quickly jump into the actual concept of how to enable Dark Mode on iPhone and iPad.
– Go to the settings page on the iPhone with iOS 13 updates. Currently, the app has a grey background.
– Select Display & Brightness.
– Here, you will see two configurations- Light or Dark. Select Dark to enable Dark Mode.
– Head to the settings app on the iPhone to select Display & Brightness.
– Now, if you want the mode to be enabled automatically, then below it, you will find a toggle switch for Automatic. Flip it green if you like the iPhone to switch automatically to Dark Mode in dark lit conditions.
– Tap on the options button to switch between the option of “Sunset to Sunrise” and a “Custom Schedule” option.
– In case you have chosen the “Custom Schedule” option, then you can specify the precise time in which the dark mode should kick in.
Read Also: How To Enable Dark Mode In Google Play Store
The fastest method to enable the dark mode on the iPhone is using the control center.
– On your iPhone, open Control Center (swipe down from the top-right corner or swipe up from the bottom of the screen depending on the iPhone you are using).
– Press and hold the screen brightness slider.
– select the appearance button on the bottom left to switch from Light to Dark. Additionally, you can even add a specific button for Dark Mode, especially for the Control Center. Tap on the button/switch can enable or disable the dark mode.
– To make the Dark mode appear in the control center, tap on +next to dark mode and drag on the handles to change its position into Control Center.
You should now be able to see the Dark Mode toggle appear in Control Center. Just tap on it to find the change in appearance.
Read Also: Best Night Mode Apps For Android
Another easy yet fastest way to turn on the Dark Mode on iPhone or iPad is to tell Siri to enable it. To do so:
– Say, “Hey, Siri, turn on Dark Mode,” or you can tell, “Hey, Siri, turn on the Dark Appearance.”
– It will now switch over to the Dark Mode.
– Once your task is done, ask Siri to turn it off. Say “Hey, Siri, turn off Dark
Appearance” or “Hey Siri, turn off Dark Mode.” It goes off.
Note: Using the Dark Mode theme on iPhone or iPad requires the device to run on either the iOS 13 or later versions.