How To Share Your Internet Connection Between Two Windows PCs
September 21, 2019
Looking to share an internet connection with others from your Windows PC? Sharing the internet on Android devices is pretty common, it is quite unusual to find sharing internet connection over two window PCs. Now, you may be wondering how exactly to share an internet connection from one PC to another. Well! To mention it is quite easy to make your Windows PC a wireless hotspot, thus eliminating the need for the router or any wireless devices.
1- Share Internet Connection Between Two Windows PCs Using Ethernet Cable
While the router does the job to share an internet connection between two computers, there are some times where we do not want to invest much in the networking hardware. In such cases, Ethernet cable accomplishes the task to share the internet without any complicated network settings. Before proceeding with further steps, ensure to have an Ethernet Crossover Cable.
- After connecting the PCs with an Ethernet Crossover cable, go to the control panel to find the Network and Sharing Center.
- Select “Change Adapter settings”.
- Right-click on an adapter that shows an internet connection. Then select properties.
- In Properties, select the Sharing tab and checkbox the option “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”.
- Click on the Home Networking Connection drop-down menu to select the Ethernet adapter which is connecting two Windows PCs.
That’s it! This process should work in sharing an internet connection between two PCs.
Read Also: How To Change IMEI Number For Android
2- Convert Windows PC As A Wireless Hotspot
- To proceed with this method, you can use an unused wireless adapter on the host computer.
- To broadcast the signal to other PCs, you will need a wireless adapter or USB wireless adapter.
- Once connected to the adapter, ensure to enable only Internet connection sharing on the adapter that is connected to the Internet.
- Click on the network icon and select “Open Network and Sharing Center”. This displays a window with all the active network connections.
- On the bottom of the Network and Sharing Center window, you will find the option to set up a new connection or network.
- Enter the information on a new network such as network name, Security type and security key. Here, you need to select WPA-2 as the security type.
- Check the “Save this network” box so that you need not configure it whenever you restart the computer.
- Now, you would be able to access the internet on any other PC or smartphone as a wireless network.
Read Also: Best Ways To Unlock Smartphone Without Password
Apart from the above-specified methods, we can also share an Internet connection through the Virtual Wireless Network. Also, if your computer has WiFi, then you can easily turn it into a WiFi Hotspot. All you need is to visit settings-→Network-→Mobile Hotspot. Here, enable the option of “Share my Internet connection” using the slider. With the network name and password given, one can easily connect to the network.