Windows 10 is the latest operating system from Microsoft, intended for Pcs, laptops, smartphones, tablets and many other devices. Being the latest and powerful operating system, many of us will be looking to upgrade Windows 10. So, are you in search for the guide that shows you of how to install Windows 10? Then, you have landed at the right place. There are several ways to upgrade from Windows 7/8.1 to Windows 10. In this guide, we have specified the simplest way for a Windows 10 upgrade. Before getting into the process of how to upgrade to Windows 10, let us have a brief overview of the Windows 10 operating system and its features. Also, we will have a look at system requirements for Windows 10 upgrade on your PC, laptop or tablet.
The Windows 10 OS was formally announced in 2014 and was released worldwide in 2015. From Cortana for desktop, new multitasking tools, a resurrected start menu to the Xbox for Windows, the latest Windows platforms are loaded with several new features that make it so popular. Here are some of the best Windows 10 features. Also, learn how to run windows programs without installing windows.
– Start Menu: After Windows 8, finally we got to see the start menu back. On the bottom left screen, there is a start menu that displays two panels including the recently used apps along with live tiles that can be customized.
– Cortana: Along with the Windows 10 upgrade, the users will now get access to voice-controlled digital assistant Cortana for desktop computers. Pull up photos, search for the specific file just by talking to PC.
– Xbox App: Interestingly! Users can now be able to get an Xbox app for Windows 10. Thus making it support Xbox games with improved gaming performance.
– Advanced Multitasking: Without a separate monitor, the new multiple desktop features lets to run another set of Windows. This feature is similar to Apple Space feature on OS X. Instead of opening multiple windows on one desktop, create your own virtual desktop.
– Universal apps: With Windows 10, Microsoft introduced a new software called Universal apps that bundles its own set of apps including photos, videos, maps, music and more. They function in a similar manner on any device.
Processor: 1GHz or faster processor
RAM: 1GB for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit
Hard Disk Space: 16GB for 32-bit and 20GB for 64-bit OS
Display Resolution : 800 X 600
Operating System: Windows 7 or Windows 8.1
Also read, Windows 10 free download latest version.
Here is how to install Windows 10 on your PC. But, before you start installing Windows 10, make sure to take a backup of the entire data.
Step 1: Downloading and installing Windows 10 on PC is quite easy. However, to make it run, you need a Windows 10 product key. So, look for the best option and get a Windows 10 license key.
Step 2: Rather than burning the Windows 10 installation file to the disc or flash drive, make use of the Microsoft Creation tool that makes the process much easier. Click on that link, download the tool and run it. Accept the license and chose create installation media. If you are looking for how to upgrade to Windows 10, then select “Upgrade this PC”.
Step 3: To copy all those files so as to avoid losing them while formatting, ensure that you have at least 4GB USB flash drive.
Step 4: Choose the language, 64-bit version for Windows 10 and click on download to start downloading process. This will automatically copy the file to the USB drive and also makes it bootable. Once the process is successful, you will see a message “Your USB flash drive is ready”.
Step 5: Insert that drive into the PC in which Windows 10 need to be installed. Boot the PC in flash drive. Once the computer boot from a USB drive, you will find a Windows logo along with language selection.
Step 6: After selecting, the installation process starts automatically and follow on-screen instructions to customize your settings.
Step 7: Once the installation is done successfully, the system will reboot and you will be taken to the Computer desktop.