Duplicate contacts on Android are a common issue that every smartphone user faces. There could be several reasons for the accumulation of similar contacts. Don’t worry! Irrespective of the reason, you have several methods and apps that let to find and remove duplicate contacts. Though you can manually detect and clean the duplicate contacts, it is quite time-consuming. So, get rid of these Duplicate Android contacts within a few minutes using these best methods.
Well! The first method to start up with from the built-in contacts app in your Android smartphone. Here is how to remove duplicate contacts using the contacts app.
– Open contacts app on Android and tap on three dots icon or more on the top right corner of the display.
– Depending on the smartphone you are using, you will find the option to merge. Tap on Merge contacts from the menu.
– Next, tap on All to merge all duplicate contacts. Or else you can go through the list to select the contacts you want to delete.
– Once done, tap on the merge located on the top-right corner of the screen.
Most of us use the Gmail service to keep the back up of data on Android phones. Even the contacts on the device are synced with the Gmail account. In case you have enabled the feature, then it is easy to find and delete duplicate contacts directly from Gmail.
– Open the Gmail account and select Gmail from the left menu.
– From the menu, select contacts to get the list of contacts displayed.
– Click More from the top end of the screen and select “Find & Merge Duplicates…” from the drop-down menu.
– After a few seconds, you will be able to see all duplicate contacts.
– Uncheck the contacts you want to retain. Otherwise, select merge to get the contacts merged instantly.
The next solution to remove duplicate contacts from Android is using third-party apps. It can scan, find, and remove the available duplicate entries without any issues. They work using advanced algorithms, which gives it the ability to browse the contact list to find and remove similar contacts. While scanning, the software goes through several details such as name, contact number, email, and more. These tools save enough time and also yield accurate results. One such best app to download is Simpler Merge App. It works nearly similar to the Gmail contacts tool.
– Download the Simpler Merge app on Android smartphones.
– Once the download is successful, it scours through the contacts and gives out the potential matches based on name and other details.
– Have a review through the results and choose the contacts you want to delete.
Before installing any third-party app on the device, remember that the apps require extensive permissions. These are essential to scan and clean up contacts. So, make sure to choose the right app to get the task done securely.
read more about tips to recover deleted contacts & call logs on Android.