Got a new PS4 Pro? Want to transfer data from PS4 to PS4 Pro? Sony gives you the option to transfer the data with an ease of using a few simple steps. Get back to the gaming within no time. It is common that if you already have a PlayStation 4 then probably, there is much data stored back on your hard drive. When you are updating to the new console, you will not want entire data to be transferred. Thanks to the new feature included that gives the feasibility to select particular data and transfer accordingly. This task is pretty much equivalent to transferring data between two identical standard PS4. Here is round up of the entire process that you need to transfer data from PS4 to PS4 Pro.
– Ensure that there is no power cut during the transfer process. This may lead to loss of data.
– Do remember that the entire data on the new PlayStation 4 console will be overwritten when the transfer is complete. So, it is better not to start any game before you initiate a transfer.
– Each time you transfer the data, the HDD gets formatted.
– Though the entire data is copied to the new PS4 Pro, it doesn’t mean that the data is erased from the current PS4. In case you are selling out the PS4 then you need to wipe it manually.
– Through the below process, you can transfer game data, files, folders, messages, profile data and synched up trophies.
Before initiating the transfer process, first sign-in to the PlayStation network and also ensure to update the system software to the latest version.
Step 1: Once done, connect both the PS4 and PS4 Pro to the same network. As soon as you log in to the PlayStation network, it guides you through the transfer process. This option of offering the data option appears only if you are powering the PS4 Pro for the first time.
Step 2: In case, you don’t find the option on PS4 Pro, then go to settings-→ scroll down to find the option “Transfer Data From Another PS4”.
Step 3: Turn on the Old PS4 and connect it to the new PS4 Pro using a LAN cable.
Step 4: Here, you will find the option to check all the data that you wish to transfer. Once done with the selection, the new PS4 Pro prompts to choose the option “Yes, Activate this PS4”.
Step 5: Once you begin the transfer process, make sure you don’t interrupt it by unplugging LAN cable on the consoles. Sony disables the power button in order to prevent such consequences.
That’s it! After the data transfer is finished successfully, you could now be able to use the data on the brand new PS4 Pro. After the transfer, the current PS4 will automatically shut down. Now, you can disconnect from the LAN cable and can either sell it or place it in a storeroom. Whenever you turn it back, all the data is still there and is even accessible. Check here to know how XBox One Differs from PS4.