Now that Android Pie is officially available, we understand that many of us are looking forward to the step by step guide to explain the Android 9.0 Pie installation on smartphones. Well! Before trying to install the new update, let me make it clear that the software update is currently available only for the pixel smartphones including Google Pixel2, Google Pixel 2 XL, Google Pixel, Google Pixel XL. And for the first time, Google preferred to render its support even to the non-pixel smartphones such as Nokia 7 Plus, Oppo R15 pro, Vivo X 21, OnePlus 6, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium, Sony Xperia XZ2 and Essential phone. These Android smartphones may receive the update later this year. If you are willing to have it on your device, then make sure to have a right smartphone. This guide explains you the process to install Android 9.0 Pie update on your smartphone with an ease.
Get control over all the Android applications with the Lucky Patcher 7.2.9 APK latest version download.
After putting the Android users in several Android P beta updates, Google finally announced the mystery around the letter P. Google preferred to name the Android 9.0 as Android Pie and before you start Android 9.0 pie download, let us quickly learn and understand the Android 9.0 Pie features.
– Toggle Gesture Controls: One of the noticeable change that you can find with the Android 9.0 Pie update is toggle gesture controls. These controls can help reduce the task of browsing with the navigation buttons.
– Artificial Intelligence: With the use of Artificial intelligence, you get to experience the benefits of Adaptive battery, adaptive brightness and App actions. By making the apps available only when required can make it more energy efficient.
– New Navigation system: The new software update now has a clean interface. Swipe up to see predicted app. Swipe up again to view all applications. Slide to the side to find the list of open apps.
– Wind Down Mode: Unable to get to bed on time? Then just tell your Google Assistant at what you want to go to bed. Then automatically it will turn on DND mode and the screen turns into grey scale mode.
– Android Dashboard: You now have access to Android dashboard to understand your habits and number of times you unlocked the device. Also list out a number of notifications received, apps used, and how much time you spend on each app.
If there is an update on the software, automatically the devices will receive a notification to update the software. In case you don’t find a notification or missed out notifications, then head to settings-→system update and check for any new update. It gets automatically downloaded and installed. Just restart the device to make the device completely run on Android 9.0 Pie. In case you don’t want to wait until the official notification, then the best alternative is to flash Android Pie on Pixel smartphone. Here is a step by step process to install Android 9.0 Pie. Before following the process it is advised to take a backup of the entire data as there is a complete chance of the device getting into problems if not installed properly.
Step 1: Connect the device to PC and Unlock Bootloader. Check here to know the process of unlocking the bootloader on Android phones.
Step 2: Check if the device and PC are communicating properly by typing fastboot devices.
Step 3: Use 7Zip to extract the downloaded file and also extract the .tar file from .tgz. This will automatically create a new folder with a lot of files.
Step 4: Copy the files from the folder and paste in the platform-tools folder in Android SDK on PC or laptop.
Step 5: Now, you will get to see two flash-all files. One for the Windows User and other for Linux user. Click on Gear logo if you are a Windows user and the Linux user need to double click on flash-all.sh.
Step 6: A pop-up appears in which you can see that the installation process is taking place. Once done successfully, your Android device will reboot automatically.
So, this is how to install Android 9.0 Pie on your Pixel device. Instead of following this lengthy and risky process, it is always advised to wait for the OTA update for quick Android 9.0 Pie install.
Also read : Google Fuchsia Release Date, News And Rumors.